Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Announcement

Okay folks, to get in the proper mood for this entry, read it while listening to this song:
     Summertime in Chicago.  Some people say that it's an oasis in the otherwise wacky Midwestern weather schedule.  Some people say that it transforms the city into a whole other place than it is in the Winter.  Some say simply that it is awesome.  Well, guess what?  They're right.  All of them.  Summertime in Chicago is chock full of long hot days schlepping around various street festivals, and warm nights spent listening to jazz, watching fireworks/movies, and communing with friends.  It is something to be experienced.  And here at Chicago 365, that's exactly what I'm setting out to do.  Starting on Monday and going through Labor Day, I will be profiling different things to do all throughout the city.  One day I might be going to a street fest, the next day I may be taking in jazz and fireworks on a beautiful evening, and I might even catch the vibe at some parades(I haven't lost faith yet and you shouldn't either).  Point is, if you want to see what a summer in Chicago can be, follow this blog this summer and live vicariously through my entries.  And if you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to leave them in the comment section.  Thanks for your time and here's to a GREAT summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment